Online registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open! Visit the registration webpage for full details!
Articles from December 2021
Need help registering your student?
Looking for a job in an amazing school district?
We are hitting the road and bringing the district to you!
Visit our registration and human resources teams at one of our stops throughout the community from Monday, July 26, through Tuesday, August 3.
At each stop:
- Our registration team will be on hand to assist families in completing online registration for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
- Our human resources team will take applications and conduct on-the-spot interviews for a variety of district jobs, including paraprofessional, transportation and food/nutrition positions.
- Computers with internet access will be provided – and we even have a few treats in store!
- NOTE: A Marshallese interpreter will be available at each stop.
Join us at one of the following times:
Monday, July 26, from 1-3 p.m.
Bee Branch (in the parking lot near the 22nd street bridge)
Tuesday, July 27, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Dubuque County Fair (Admission to the Dubuque County Fair is FREE this day!)
Wednesday, July 28, from 9-11 a.m.
Thursday, July 29, from 9-11 a.m.
Friday, July 30, from 1-3 p.m.
Monday, August 2, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Tuesday, August 3, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you!
We are pleased to live stream the 2021 graduation ceremonies on Saturday, May 29.
Hempstead High School’s ceremony begins at 3 p.m.
VIEW IT BELOW:
Dubuque Senior High School’s ceremony begins at 10 a.m.
VIEW IT BELOW:
The ceremony will also be recorded and posted next week to the district’s official YouTube page at www.youtube.com/dbqschools.
The Dubuque Community School District has again been honored with the Best Communities for Music Education designation from The NAMM Foundation for its outstanding commitment to music education.
This is the fourth consecutive year the district has received the honor.
Now in its 22nd year, the Best Communities for Music Education designation is awarded to districts that demonstrate outstanding achievement in efforts to provide music access and education to all students.
To qualify for the Best Communities designation, the district answered detailed questions about funding, graduation requirements, music class participation, instruction time, facilities, support for the music program and community music-making programs. Responses were verified with school officials and reviewed by The Music Research Institute at the University of Kansas.
“The district has long recognized the value of music education in our schools, and music remains an integral part of our curricular and extracurricular offerings,” said Stan Rheingans, superintendent of schools. “Our district commitment is underscored by tremendous partnerships throughout our community that support our work to expose students to music education. This honor is truly a community honor.”
About The NAMM Foundation
The NAMM Foundation is a nonprofit supported in part by the National Association of Music Merchants and its approximately 10,400 members around the world. The foundation advances active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs.
We are pleased to present the 2021 Dubuque-Area K-12 Virtual Art Exhibition, a way to highlight student work in a year that makes in unable to do so in person.
The exhibit features the ability to virtually walk through a curated gallery of work — and we hope you’ll enjoy immersing yourself in the exhibit as the vision of these talented student artists comes to life.
Dear Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2021,
In just a few short months, your student in the Class of 2021 will walk across the stage to receive their Dubuque Community School District diploma – proudly becoming a graduate of Dubuque Senior High School or Hempstead High School.
While we continue to move closer to normal, we will again make adjustments to this year’s graduation ceremony to ensure that we are providing a safe environment for our students and their families.
- The most significant change is that the ceremony will be held outdoors at Dalzell Field in order to provide additional capacity while also allowing for appropriate physical distancing.
- As scheduled, graduation will be held on Saturday, May 29, and we will use Sunday, May 30, as a rain date should weather present an issue on Saturday.
- Dubuque Senior High School’s ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. and Hempstead High School’s ceremony will be held at 3 p.m.
- Based on the capacity of Dalzell Field, each graduate may receive up to eight (8) tickets. WATCH YOUR EMAIL IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS FOR TICKET RESERVATION DETAILS.
- We will again livestream the graduation ceremonies for family and friends who are unable to attend the ceremony in person.
Additional details about logistics, safety protocols and ticketing will be shared as our graduation planning continues.
We are excited to be able to hold an in-person celebration of the Class of 2021. Best wishes as your student completes the remainder of their senior year!
Superintendent of Schools