Articles from December 2017
The April 2017 edition of Digital Fringe, an online gallery of student art in the Dubuque Community School District, is now live!
This gallery is a way to highlight the remarkable products of art education in the district. It’s a digital attempt at bringing the work of our student artists at all levels into your home – because art is created for others to take in.
An administrative rule change by the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), Bureau of Immunization, REQUIRES MENINGOCOCCAL (A, C, W, Y) VACCINE FOR STUDENTS ENROLLING IN 7TH AND 12TH GRADES in addition to other vaccination requirements.
STUDENTS IN THESE GRADES MUST HAVE A VALID IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATE ON FILE TO ATTEND SCHOOL.
Read More about “7th- and 12th-Grade Vaccination Requirement”
To better inform our families about schedule changes, the Dubuque Community School District will begin offering text messaging for weather-related and emergency alerts from the district. The service is offered through School Messenger, the system the district currently uses for mass email messages and automated phone calls.
HERE’S HOW TO BE SURE YOU RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES:
- On TUESDAY, FEB. 21, between approximately 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. all phone numbers on file for families and staff will receive a text message asking them to opt in.
- If your phone has SMS or text messaging capability, you will receive the initial message.
- When you receive this text, REPLY “Yes” or “Y” to confirm that you’d like to continue receiving text messages.
- That’s it! You will then receive text messages for weather and emergency alerts.
- You can opt out of these text messages at any time by replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
PLEASE NOTE: The district will only use text messages for weather-related or emergency purposes, not for general district information. Subscribers are responsible for any applicable text messaging charges from their carrier.